Details to Follow
Join us on Wednesday, October 16, at 7pm in the school library/resource center for our next general meeting.
Principal Aida Fraser-Hammer will present us with the latest developments and happenings at the school. She will then be available for any questions.
This General Meeting of the PTSA will be centered on the school’s community partners.
They will all be discussing their involvement and contributions to the students.
Ken Gollersrud, Teen Librarian at the High Point Public Library
Kerry Sutton, Director, Education and Leadership, YMCA CSIHS
Leti Bravo, Student Services Specialist, TRIO Talent Search – South Seattle C0mmunity College
Sebastian Myrick, President, WA State TRIO Association
Alison Enochs, School Nurse
Staff of NeighborCare Teen Health Center: Lisa Krogman; Katie Hara, MHT; Lib Kratz, RN; Tisha Satow
Susan Mitchell, CAN/College Access Now
The CSIHS PTSA Board is looking forward to seeing you there.
Thanks to all those who attended our meetings this year. Enjoy the summer and stay tuned for PTSA meeting schedule for the 2013-14 school year coming in the fall!
Join us on Thursday, March 14 at 7pm in the Library for our next general meeting.
This is the first of three meetings devoted to MAP testing and the standardized testing that our students participate in.
Join us Thursday for the first meeting, which is an information session addressing the pros and cons of MAP testing. Staff who have given the MAP will present their experience with the test and relate how it connects to student learning.
One hour before, the computer lab will be open for six parents/ guardians to take the MAP test with some staff from the Math Dept. This will give some of the community a direct experience which will be helpful for the conversation & lead everyone to a better understanding.
If you are interested in taking the MAP test, please contact Ted: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to the families at Chief Sealth communicating with staff to ensure that standardized testing is useful & appropriate for our students.
The detailed agenda for the night includes:
Welcome/ Introductions (5 minutes)
- PTSA Board Members
- Translators will not be attending
- Introduce yourself to 1-2 people you don’t already know
- Agenda review
- Reminder about PTSA membership, volunteer opportunities.
- Review of Budget
- Survey Monkey: midyear survey responses being compiled.
- Calendar Events:
- Water Week March 18 – 22nd
- A Million Bones Wrap-up week March 18th
- MultiCultural Night Wednesday, March 20th 6pm
- Big Band Dinner Saturday, March 23rd
Questions and Answers from Mr. Kinsey/School Update (30 minutes)
- Mr. Kinsey – opening comments and questions/answers
- Andra Maughan – plans for a Parent/Guardian Engagement & Education event
Discussion of MAP Testing
Wrap Up Comments (5 minutes)
- Thank you for coming, hope to see many of you around often this year.
Thanks to all who attended the general meeting on January 9th. Detailed meeting notes are now available - click here! Stay tuned for date & details for the next meeting.
Join us for our next general meeting on Wednesday January 9th at 7pm in the Library. The agenda will include the following:
- Principal Kinsey will bring the group up-to-date on CSIHS and answer questions
- BEX IV Levy information and impacts will be presented by Kerry Cooley-Strom
- Two speakers to present programs on Teenage Suicide Prevention
- Stone Soup Theater Group will present its after-school program
- The Auction Co-chairs present a wrap up of this year’s auction and discuss importance of sustainability
- Nancy Swenson (Treasurer) and Lynn Ogdon-Perrine (Treasurer-in-Training) will review the PTSA budget
Thanks to all who attended the PTSA meeting on October 24. Stay tuned for notification of upcoming PTSA general meetings!
Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday 10/24 at 7pm in the Library! Principal Kinsey will open the meeting with a Q&A session, followed by a a brief presentation from Ms. Orrock, IB Coordinator, to outline the immediate and long-term fundraising needs for the IB Program. She’ll also outline the agenda for the IB Program Information Meeting on the evening of November 7th.
Your Auction Co-Chairs will talk about the importance of the auction’s success to help fund activities and programs for all students. We will also review and approve this year’s budget – PTSA members are eligible to vote so it you haven’t joined, do so today!
We need at least 55 more auction items to make the event a success!! Please bring your donations (even the procurement form itself is fine, we can arrange pick-up of the items later), plan to purchase your tickets, sign up to volunteer, and/or donate a bottle of wine (value $15+) for the auction’s wine grab!
Please join us for a very important meeting! The tremendous turnout at our kick-off meeting on September 18th was much appreciated. At this meeting the 2012-13 PTSA budget will be presented and approved by PTSA members. This is your chance to join PTSA to be part of these important decisions and actions. We will also present the importance of the annual Auction (held on 11/9 this year) and the kinds of things the funds raised help to support.
Please come prepared to:
- join the PTSA
- vote to approve the PTSA budget
- buy your auction tickets
- drop off item donations for the auction
- donate a bottle of wine ($15+) for the Wine Grab Bag event at the auction