Students — This is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to party like you never have before! Come experience unique entertainment and activities that you might not ever get the chance to experience again on a once-in-a-lifetime night with ALL of your friends! Food, fun, entertainment and transportation are provided. Any ideas you might come up with to celebrate with your friends on graduation night…the usual spots, the usual stuff..(so boring) you can do that stuff anytime! This party only happens once and everyone will be there…DON’T MISS IT!
Please check out the link below for the 2014-15 annual school report.
Auction Meeting Tues. Feb 9th 5pm then join us for
PTSA Meeting, at 7pm CSI Confucius Center – POTLUCK!!!
February Board Meeting, Tuesday 23rd, 7pm, location to be determined.
Safety Alert System
We are implementing a new feature to quickly communicate to staff, students and families about “real time” safety incidents/threats. We want to quickly and efficiently communicate when our school is in Lockdown, Shelter in Place or Evacuating. This is an “opt in” only system – standard text messaging rates apply. Brief messages to all who are registered will be transmitted when the school enters a safety status and when the school is “all clear” and the emergency is over.
The messages will be brief and will be followed with an email and/or letter regarding incident details within 24 hours of the incident itself. Examples of text messages are:
“CSIHS Safety Alert: Lockdown 9:31 AM”
“CSIHS Safety Alert: Lockdown All Clear 9:45 AM”
“CSIHS Safety Alert: Shelter in Place 1:30 PM”
“CSIHS Safety Alert: Shelter in Place All Clear 2:01 PM”
As a large comprehensive high school, we have students and families coming and going from our campus at all times during school hours. We want to be able to quickly ensure the safety of all by implementing this safety measure so students and families can make informed decisions.
We are committed to safety. The alerts will come as soon as possible after we have secured the building. As always, we value and welcome your feedback. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact Christa Ernst at (206) 252-8559 or email@example.com.
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE?
Remind is a one-way text messaging and email system. With Remind, all personal information remains completely
confidential. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you ever see theirs.
Visit remind.com to learn more.
Dear Community of Chief Sealth International High School,
WE WANT TO THANK YOU!!! So far we have 100 guest attending the 7th Annual Seahawk Spirit Auction: Passport to Excellence. Tickets are going fast-buy yours today! http://chiefsealthptsa.schoolauction.net/auction2016
We are looking for wine… we need donations of wine ($15 or more value ) for our auction Wine Grab event. To arrange for a pick up, please contact Kirstin Moe firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention all bakers!!! We are looking for 10 deserts to sell for top dollar at our dessert dash all proceeds go towards the Class of 2016 Grad Night! Please contact Ced Paltep – email@example.com.
We need you!!! We have 3 volunteer spots available for this years auction if you’re interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like to matte and frame art? Well, we need you too!!!!…please contact Carol Autenrieth @email@example.com for this special project.
We are still accepting donations!!! There is still time to add your donation to our beautiful catalog that will preview in February. Donation deadline is February 8th !! Please contact Lea Brown –firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick up.
More things to consider to bid on….
- The Columbia Tower Dinner gift certificate for 2
- A Keurig coffeemaker
- Redline D620 29er MTB Bicycle
- 2 hour lesson of welding and fabrication class courtesy of ELHOT Metal Fabrication
We have something for everyone and every budget!
So we want you to come out to MINGLE! DRINK! EAT! BID! ENJOY!
Thank you for your support!!!
In the link at the bottom of this post, please find the brochure, “A Report to the Community – Your Tax Dollars at Work Fall 2015”. This factual report presents an overview of how funds from the Seattle Public Schools’ Operations and Capital levies, previously approved by Seattle voters, have been spent to support our students’ education.
The School Board has approved two new levies to be submitted to Seattle voters in the February 9, 2016 special election;
- The three year Operations Levy provides about 25 percent of the district’s general fund operating budget for day-to-day educational programs and services not fully funded by the state of Washington and helps fund salaries and classroom instruction, textbooks and supplies; transportation and security; Special Education and English Language Learners programs; and student activities such as athletics, music and art.
- The renewal of the six year Capital Levy, BTA IV, will continue the work in our school buildings to help address capacity for growing enrollment by opening 3 schools and making basic health and safety improvements, including; earthquake safety, fire alarm, fire suppression, intercom, roof replacement, energy-efficient HVAC, electrical and mechanical upgrades. Technology equipment, instructional tools and training for all schools will provide direct support for students and teachers are also included in the BTA IV Capital Levy. District-wide academics components in the Capital Levy will support improvements such as modifications for Special Education, Early Learning, adding science and computer labs to meet the new 24 credit graduation requirements, student assessment, program placement, and athletic fields and lighting upgrades.
Chief Sealth Parents of the Full IB Diploma Cohort graduating in 2017!
Please come to an informational evening presented by the IB Coordinator, Teresa Cairns, on Tuesday, February 23rd at 7pm in the library. She’ll be discussing the extended essay, CAS, theory of knowledge, internal and external assessments and how best your children can prepare for the May, 2017 exams. Questions? 206-252-8705.
7th Annual Seahawk Spirit
EARLY BIRD FRIDAY HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL SUNDAY, JANUARY 10TH AT MIDNIGHT! TICKETS ARE SELLING FAST AND WE WOULD LIKE TO SELL OUT!!!
WE WANT YOU TO COME MINGLE! EAT! DRINK! ENJOY! AND BID!
David Kelly is this year’s auctioneer!
The Chief Sealth Jazz Band will be performing. Come enjoy the fantastic entertainment of our talented student musicians directed by Brian Goetz.
More hot stuff to bid on:
• Take a ride with the Seattle Police Department Harbor Patrol
• Pagliacci Pizza gift card
• Reisling Wine Basket
• Woodland Park Zoo passes
Something for everyone and every budget!